Sunday, April 8, 2012

HAPPY EASTER!!!

I just wanted to share a few pics of our Easter 


Here are the Easter eggs we dyed.  The eggs on the left we used kool-aid to dye and found them way too boring.   So we got out the vinegar and used the regular tablets to get the much brighter colors.



Here is a picture of my pseudo mantle. It is really an inlaid shelf above our fireplace. 

I used a printable I found online here http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2011/03/spring-subway-art.html  and framed it with a frame I bought at Michaels' with a 40% off coupon. 

I also dyed pasta in ziploc bags with food coloring and painted beans with spray paint in a box until they were well covered.  I put the beans and pasta in the apothecary jars I made with candle holders from the Dollar Store that I spray painted white and jars from the Dollar Store and wooden finials from Hobby Lobby that I glued onto the lids that I painted white too.  

I spray painted a Corona bottle white and a Ragu jar light blue and added a bunny and a few tulips I got on clearance from Walmart!!!



This is a picture of the cards my mom sent to our family, the beautiful tulips my husband surprised me with and the eggs that we colored on my kitchen countertop!  I love the tulips and hope they last, but I do not have a history of being good with live plants.  



Here is a picture of my Easter dinner without the turkey.  I forgot to take a  picture of it.  We had turkey, corn, mashed potatos, cranberry sauce, stuffing, rolls, deviled eggs, my special fruit salad/jello stuff and gravy.  





Here is my adorable Easter cake (if I do say so myself).  I love how it turned out!!

What did you do for Easter??


0 comments:

Post a Comment